Using either a BMAT course or dedicated BMAT tutor can be a great way to unlock your full potential in the BMAT exam. Here we’ll consider how to find the best BMAT course, or the best BMAT tutor – ensuring that you make the most of these valuable resources.
Finding the best BMAT Course
A Online BMAT Tutors for BMAt Course can either be online, or an in-person crash course. Typically, using an in-person course will unlock the online version of that same course. Using BlackStone Tutors as an example, all students who attend their in-person course will also gain access to the online version. You can find their course here.
As well as an online course, it’s highly recommended to use an in-person course to boost your learning. Remember, that crash course should come with access to an online version as well. A great BMAT course should offer all of the following (once again, BlackStone Tutors’ option is a great bet therefore):
– The same approaches, insights and techniques that you gain access to through the online course – but taught directly to you by an experienced tutor team. This makes sure that you are able to understand the techniques being applied, and will also provide you with the chance to ask questions about them and better learn how to deploy them yourself.
– Efficient, effective preparation covering core concepts from tutors who have themselves sat the BMAT, and have robust experience in tutoring students in the examination as well. This ensures that your preparation is guided, and areas of weakness, or blindspots in your preparation, are addressed.
– Small group teaching. The teaching should be in a group small enough that you are easily able to ask questions and have these answered by the tutor team.
– The tutor team should provide you with tips on which resources to use, the resources will be most effective for you, and also touch on if there are additional resource banks that you can find and use for free.
– Teaching should focus on high-yield topics and areas. This will ensure that you are able to not just learn a significant amount over the course of the day itself, but that you are better able to understand where to direct your energy as you continue to prepare in the following days and weeks.
– There should be a Q&A which allows you to discuss some of the core questions that are likely to come up in your Medicine interviews, as well as how students can go about approaching these types of questions.
A BMAT crash course is the single most time-effective method for getting ready for the test. You must therefore make sure that the course you choose is carefully designed to facilitate student success.
That means choosing a course from a provider with some years’ experience, that is taught by students who attended the top BMAT universities in the UK (Oxbridge, Imperial, UCL), and that the course is backed by access to an online offering – allowing you to take your learnings from the day and work on them further in the coming days and weeks. Equally, ensure that the groups are relatively small, and that you will have adequate time to ask questions.
Finding the best BMAT tutor
As well as a crash BMAT course and online BMAT courses, you may wish to seek further BMAT tuition through a BMAT tutor. If you have sufficient time, working alongside a tutor for a period of some weeks will ensure that you cover each part of the test in the right amount of detail.
It’s vital to choose a tutor who has robust experience in teaching pupils across both longer and shorter timescales. One-on-one tutors will be able to offer the most personalised experience, with feedback and directions tailored to you.
Once again, BlackStone Tutors comes highly recommended – their tutors are all either medical students or graduates of top schools, and all have been through an extensive assessment and vetting process before they are able to teach students directly. Make sure that you can engage a tutor for the correct amount of time for you – some students will require much more time, whilst others will only wish to take on a few sessions to polish their preparation.