QuickBooks software offers financial and accounting services to all types of businesses, from startups to established ones. You can also sync your bank account to ensure a smooth operation of the whole process. You may encounter other errors while using the application. QuickBooks error 179 is an error that occurs when you try to open a bank account using QuickBooks Desktop, but can’t open the account data. You can learn more about the causes and solutions in our blog.
To get immediate solutions to QuickBooks error 179, contact one of our experts via our Toll-Free 1-888-704-1357.
Why is QuickBooks Desktop giving error 179?
- You have not updated balance sheet reports in any other accounts.
- There were no entries on the lists.
- It is possible that the transaction data may not be in QuickBooks.
- Invoices and bills may contain negative values.
Recommend to read: QuickBooks Error 6189 816
How to debug the QuickBooks Desktop Error code 179
The following solutions will help you to fix error 179 in QuickBooks.
SOLUTION 1 – Check the Windows Registry settings and Repair it
- Go to Windows Desktop and press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- You will see the ‘Run” command where you have to type Regedit’.
- To save your registry, right-click the Computer icon and choose ‘Export’.
- This will create a backup of your QuickBooks file that has the ‘.reg extension.
- Use the “Registry Editor” to bring back the file.reg.
- At last, run your QuickBooks Desktop application again.
- If the first solution fails, try the second.
Read more: QuickBooks Unable to backup company file
SOLUTION 2 – Update outdated information about financial institutions
- Open QuickBooks, and then go to the “Tools” option.
- Tap ‘Online Center’ in the menu and select the ‘Financial Institution. (Select your bank using the list).
- To access the Contact Info section, press the Ctrl+ F3′ key on the keyboard.
- Select ‘need to update’ to add the profile and branding information.
- Make the changes you need and hit “Update/Send”.
- If asked for the password, please enter it.
- Click on the “Update Now” option to add the necessary information.
- Sign in to your bank account to retrieve banking information.
Read more: Quickbooks outlook is not responding
You should have read the article and been able to fix QuickBooks error 179 quickly and easily. The solutions given are 100% tested and proven. You should also look for browser problems and attempt to resolve them. There is always a chance that the error may not go away due to other problems. If the problem persists after trying the solutions above, you can call our Toll-Free Toll-Free 1-888-704-1357 number to get technical assistance from our certified QuickBooks professionals.
Read more: QuickBooks error 3371